<< Vers l'annuaire
Julien ClaudeUniversity lecturer Team Macroévolution et Développement
Phone +33 (0)4 67 14 47 82
Localization Bâtiment 22, RDC, Pièce 50
CLAUDE Julien, Assistant Professor
email: julien.claude at um2.fr
key words: Morphometrics, turtles, South-East Asia, shape variation and evolution, comparative phylogenetic methods, quantitative genetics.
What do I do:
I am primarly interested at understanding shape variation and evolution of animals in a natural, developmental and ecological context. Quantifying biological shapes for later analyzing them makes therefore part of the core of my researrch. I am also interested in turtle systematics and evolution, and I am working on fossil and living vertebrate communities in South-East Asia. I teach biostat, vertebrate zoology, and evolution.
Some of my publications… (the more or less complete list can be found here)
1. Claude J. 2008. Morphometrics with R. Springer, New York
2. Tong H., Claude J., Suteethorn V., Naksri W., and Buffetaut E. (2009). Turtle assemblages of the Khorat Group (Late Jurassic-Early Cretaceous) of NE Thailand and their palaeobiogeographical significance. In Buffetaut E., Cuny G., le Loeuff J. and V. Suteethorn: Late Palaeozoic and Mesozoic continental ecosystems in SE Asia.Geological Society, London, Special Publications 315. 141-152.
3. Auffray, J.-C. Renaud, S., Claude, J. 2009 Rodent biodiversity in changing environments. Kasetsart J. (Nat. Sci.) 43, 83-93.
4. Y. Chiari, Y, and Claude J. 2011. Study of the carapace shape and growth in two Galapagos tortoise lineages. Journal of Morphology, 272: 379-386.
5. Lourenco, J.M., Claude J., Galtier N., Chiari Y. 2012. Dating the cryptodiran nodes: origin and diversification of the turtle superfamily Testudinoidea. Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, 62: 496- 507.
Morphometrics With R!!!!
“Please check this *.pdf from time to time. I am updating this errata file everytime I can find something wrong. If you find some mistakes, or if you have any problem in reading a sentence, a formula, or in understanding R routines in the book ; please e-mail me.
This is the list of functions developped in the book. If you use any, please refer to the book. You can source the url directly from R using the code