<< Vers l'annuaire
Abdel AouacheriaCNRS research scientist Team Morphogenèse et Evolution
Phone +33 (0)4 67 14 46 88
Localization Bâtiment 24, 1er étage
I am interested in just about every aspects of cell life and death, from both a conceptual as well as a practical standpoint. I have been working for more than fifteen years on cell suicide (apoptosis). From the beginnings, it seemed to me that biological researchers working on apoptosis and pathology have not been sufficiently aware of the work of researchers in molecular evolution, mostly because these research communities are traditionally quite distinct. So I am trying to apply phylogenetic concepts to the study of cell death. More recently, I started to explore the exchange between between research and health (in oncology and human fertility) and between research and industry (in cosmetology and longevity research). Last, I am interested in conservation biology, and I also decided to commit myself in the lively and fast growing fields of scientific journalism, epistemology and philosophy of biology.
Personal website : http://abdelaouacheria.wixsite.com/abdel-aouacheria
Team website : https://www.apo-morpho-evo.net/
Five recent publications:
- Aouacheria A, Baghdiguian S, Lamb HM, Huska JD, Pineda FJ, Hardwick JM. Connecting mitochondrial dynamics and life-or-death events via Bcl-2 family proteins. Neurochem Int. 2017 Apr 28. pii: S0197-0186(17)30186-9.
- Chien WW, Niogret C, Jugé R, Lionnard L, Cornut-Thibaut A, Kucharczak J, Savina A, Salles G, Aouacheria A. Unexpected cross-reactivity of anti-cathepsin B antibodies leads to uncertainties regarding the mechanism of action of anti CD20 monoclonal antibody GA101. Leuk Res. 2017 Apr;55:41-48.
- Karageorgis A, Claron M, Jugé R, Aspord C, Thoreau F, Leloup C, Kucharczak J, Plumas J, Henry M, Hurbin A, Verdié P, Martinez J, Subra G, Dumy P, Boturyn D, Aouacheria A, Coll JL. Systemic Delivery of Tumor-Targeted Bax-Derived Membrane-Active Peptides for the Treatment of Melanoma Tumors in a Humanized SCID Mouse Model. Mol Ther. 2017 Feb 1;25(2):534-546.
- Jugé R, Breugnot J, Da Silva C, Bordes S, Closs B, Aouacheria A. Quantification and Characterization of UVB-Induced Mitochondrial Fragmentation in Normal Primary Human Keratinocytes. Sci Rep. 2016 Oct 12;6:35065.
- Aouacheria A, Combet C, Tompa P, Hardwick JM. Redefining the BH3 Death Domain as a ‘Short Linear Motif’. Trends Biochem Sci. 2015 Dec;40(12):736-48.